Last Updated: July 10, 2016
By visiting our websites or using the Service, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy.
I. What We Collect.
We get information about you in a variety of ways.
Information You Give Us. When you sign up for or use our Service, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, photograph, demographic information (such as your gender), email address, password and any other information you provide to us. We also receive information from you when you post User Content to the Sites or the Service. If you correspond with us by email or we receive and may retain your email address and other information you provide to us by email.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. For example, you may give us permission to access your information in social sharing Service, such as Facebook or Twitter, which allows us to obtain information from your accounts at those Service (like your name, friends or contacts). The information we get from those Service often depends on your settings or their privacy policies. As another example, merchants typically share information with websites or apps that display advertising or provide product recommendations in order to measure and improve the ads or the recommendations. We also receive this information which may include information such as clicks or purchases you made.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your devices, such as your computer or mobile phone. For example, when visiting our sites or using our Service, we may log your device type, operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our sites, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and other information about your use of and actions on our sites or in our Service.
Geographic Information. When you access or use the Service, we may collect and store your geographic information. If you sign up using our website, we collect and store your geographic location as indicated by the IP address that is automatically reported by your browser. If you sign up using our mobile app, we may collect and store your mobile device’s geographic location, but only with your permission.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience in our Service and to measure and improve ad and product recommendation effectiveness.
II. Use of Personal Information.
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Service to you, including, for example,sending notifications to you when your open boards are updated or when boards you have designated as “favorites” are updated;
- Send or facilitate communications between:
- You and other users of the Service or other people in general in connection with the Service,
- You and third-party sites or social sharing services at your discretion in connection with your use of certain features that allow you to share information with such sites or services, such for publishing boards or products on Pinterest or Facebook;
- Personalize the Service for you, including, for example, analyzing your information in order to identify preferences which may allow us to improve the relevance of content displayed to you;
- Communicate about promotions, service upgrades, offers and events related to us or our partners;
- Authenticate your Account;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Process your Earnings and communicate about your Earnings;
- Perform internal reviews of our operations, such as to troubleshoot software defects and operational problems, perform data analysis, and monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Protect Maven Exchange and our users, partners, agents, affiliates and employees, and to prevent fraud and abuse of our Service;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide general customer service;
- Link or combine user information with other personal information;
- Comply with law, such as to communicate with you regarding Digital Millennium Copyright Act notices; and
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please update you contact preferences in the profile of your account or unsubscribe from emails using the unsubscribe instructions in those communications. You may not opt out from receiving (1) notices that we are required to send you by law, (2) support emails (for example, responses to your user support requests), or (3) Account-related emails (for example, password-reset emails). Please also note that we may continue to use your Personal Information for statistical or other purposes as we see fit after you unsubscribe from any communications and/or terminate your use of the Service.
III. Public Forums.
If you create an Account through the Service and create products or groups of products within the Service, other users of the Service will be able to see your name and user photo or user avatar. If you choose to provide additional personal information or images, including in your profile or as comments or images related to products or groups of products, other users of the Service will also be able to see such additional information or images. Providing additional personal information is voluntary, and we suggest that you guard and refrain from disclosing any information you consider sensitive and confidential.
We employ appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. These security measures include administrative, technical, and physical precautions to safeguard your Personal Information against loss, theft, and misuse. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your Personal Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
IV. Sharing of Personal Information.
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share your information in connection with features of the Service that integrate with social sharing sites and services, such as Facebook or Pinterest. Use of such features enables the sharing of information with friends or the public, depending on the settings that you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data provided to or shared through them.
- We may share your information in marketing communications and advertising by promoting products and boards you have created.
- We may share personal information with other parties with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, Mavens, our users, or any other person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us. For example, we may employ third-party companies or individuals to process personal information on our behalf based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
V. Our Policy on Children’s Information.
Maven Exchange is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us on our Get Support page.
VI. Information Choices and Changes.
You may correct your Account information at any time by logging into your Account and updating your profile. If you wish to cancel your Account, please submit a request on our Get Support page. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law.
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our sites with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our sites work for you.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Maven Exchange does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
VII. Contact Information.
If you have any comments or questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at the below address:
Maven Exchange, Inc.
1425 Broadway #560
Seattle, Washington 98122-3854